Recent Posts

Wednesday, October 7, 2009

All butts are welcome.

Well, I have to say. The response has been kick-ass. Thank you all for your overwhelming support!

We've had a lot of people asking about other sizes of jeans besides the 14's. I absolutely love the idea of doing multiple pairs of jeans. In fact, I just grew out of a great pair of 16's I can send to someone RIGHT NOW.



So, here's the way it's gonna work. I'm going to start today by giving away my size 16 pair of Levi's, which I LOVE LOVE LOVE. They're fantastic if you have large bootie and hips, and a slimmer waist. They are made with a stretchy material, so they have support and give. Tell your friends, 'cause there are only three days to enter for these jeans.

Jean Info:

Levi Curvy Boot Cut 529's
Size 16 Medium
Dark blue wash
33.5" waist
44" hips


If you have jeans you'd like to give away:

Please contact me at jennybeanjcb@msn.com.

I am currently accepting sizes for:

8, 10, 12, 18, 20, 22, 24, 26, 28, 30.

I will be doing a giveaway for each jean size ONCE A MONTH. This is to spread out the sizes of jeans so we don't have 890328409328 updates in one month, and instead can have a consistent updating of the jeans year round. We will have 12 sizes of jeans for 12 months in the year!


PAY ATTENTION NOW!

Here are the rules. If you enter, you're automatically agreeing to the following guidelines:


1. When you get the jeans, you agree to post a blog entry AND contact me when you do, with photos of you wearing the jeans, (standing, with the jeans visible. You don't need to show your stomach, but pockets need to show,) preferably in an interesting, cool, or location specific spot in your city.

1b. You agree to let me post your blog content pertaining to the jeans in this blog to keep our BOTTNSFP readers up to date. I might not be able to update this blog with every update entry you make, but at my discretion may choose to use your content to keep readers up to date. All recipients of the jeans will be added to the blogroll.

1c. You agree to use the button in every entry you post about the jeans and to update us to show folks where the project came from. Here's the button:

BLOG TITLE





2. Update your blog (or me) weekly with photos and/or your weight loss progress.

3. Two months after you receive the jeans, contact me and we'll do a drawing for the next person to get them. Hopefully you will have been able to get progressively too small for the jeans and you'll be ready to send them along to someone new. If not, that's okay! It's fun to send the jeans along, and you might be able to get them back from someone else. If you've lost enough weight to be too thin for the jeans, I encourage you to post a before and after photo of you in the jeans for your own encouragement and to encourage others.

4. You agree to launder the jeans before sending them to the next person. (Yes, I know this is assumed, but I gotta put it out there just in case.)

5. You agree to shipping costs to send the jeans to the next person. This MAY include shipping to a different country, so if you don't want to be financially responsible for that, please don't enter.

6. As a fun way of keeping track of who's had the jeans, sign your initials along the inside panel of the butt with permanent marker. The jeans that come to you should have initials in them already, so you should know where to sign them.

7. Once the jeans are so worn out that they're unable to be worn, contact me. The jeans will retire with their original owner. If the original owner does not want the jeans, they will retire with me.


That's all folks! The adventure of the Bloggerhood of the Traveling Not So Fat Jeans has begun!

These are amazing jeans, and I'm actually kind of sad to be giving them up. If you're freshly out of the size 18 and would love a new, celebratory, temporary pair of jeans to wear, and agree to all the rules, enter here for the jeans:




Share it! Tweet it! Pass it along!

Winner will be chosen next Monday! :)

15 comments:

emotional diva said...

great brainstorming! lovely idea!! =) bring onnn the bloggerhooood of the traveling not so fat pants!

=)

Anonymous said...

I know how excited you feel! I just got into my size 14 jeans in god knows how many years! YAY to both of us! can't wait to see the posts! I'm excited to follow your new blog!

Katie said...

What an awesome idea Jenn. Can't wait to keep track of the traveling pants.

Ashton Dene' said...

Jenn--

This is so freaking awesome...might have to blog about this on my A Skinny Love blog!!

Way to spread the weightloss & jean love! You are doing amazing things :)

x, ash

Christine Jeske said...

What a totally awesome idea! Congrats on your continued shrinkage. ♥

Sara said...

So excited. Im a 16 right now, and I have a pair of 14's that are my "skinny jeans" hoping to get into them before thanksgiving. But once I get out of the 16's I would love to help by sending them on.

Chupsie said...

Oh this is the coolest thing in the world! I have a pair of size 12 jeans... to give you I will email you!

Amy said...

Too much freakin' fun! I'm joining in too! I'm incorporating something I've been doing since last year called Too Tight Pants. I'll use the same pair of jeans for that project & this. They're a size 12. Once I get into them, I'll be more than happy to pass them along to someone else. And I'm serious when I say those suckers will be on me in 1-2 months with personal training.

I love this!

Leesie said...

I am soo excited!! I cannot wait for the size 12's to come up. This is the kick in the ass that I need!!

Christy said...

I'm in size 16s now. I'd love to have your size 16s! What sizes do you think would be most helpful to the bloggerhood? Let me know, because although all my "skinny" jeans might be too old or worn for anyone to want to wear them, in the spirit of sisterhood, I'm going to buy a brand new pair of jeans to send someone's way.

This is going to be fun!!!

Unknown said...

I have a pair of 14's that I currently cannot fit into! I'd love to send them on and maybe get them back after I go through the 16's, my 18's are just starting to be perfect. I hope soon they will be too big and than 16's!!!! yay!

I love love love this idea!

Annabelle said...

I'm so excited that you are spreading it to other sizes. Count me in! This is fantastic.

~ugly girl with a beautiful heart~ said...

I have a couple pairs of size 26 I wouldn't mind passing along!

Anonymous said...

So I'd like to participate however does anyone have any idea whereabouts the international costs COULD be, because it would be my luck that when it comes time for me to pass on any jeans I may get the person would live on the other side of the world! :) That's okay with me but I don't have a whole lot of money since every cent I have is going to moving after getting married... I just want some kind of idea before I sign up ya know?

Frannie said...

Oh my gosh! So excited! I was just catching up on my reading after being gone for the weekend and COMPLETELY forgot you were choosing today!!

I feel like I just won the lottery. Yay!

Post a Comment