Here are the rules. If you enter, you're automatically agreeing to the following guidelines:
1. When you get the jeans, you agree to post a blog entry AND contact me when you do, with photos of you wearing the jeans,(standing, with the jeans visible. You don't need to show your stomach, but pockets need to show,) preferably in an interesting, cool, or location specific spot in your city.
1b. You agree to let me post your blog content pertaining to the jeans in this blog to keep our BOTTNSFP readers up to date. I might not be able to update this blog with every update entry you make, but at my discretion may choose to use your content to keep readers up to date. All recipients of the jeans will be added to the blogroll.
1c. You agree to use the button in every entry you post about the jeans and to update us to show folks where the project came from. Here's the button:
2. Update your blog (or me) weekly with photos and/or your weight loss progress.
3. Two months after you receive the jeans, contact me and we'll do a drawing for the next person to get them. Hopefully you will have been able to get progressively too small for the jeans and you'll be ready to send them along to someone new. If not, that's okay! It's fun to send the jeans along, and you might be able to get them back from someone else. If you've lost enough weight to be too thin for the jeans, I encourage you to post a before and after photo of you in the jeans for your own encouragement and to encourage others.
4. You agree to launder the jeans before sending them to the next person. (Yes, I know this is assumed, but I gotta put it out there just in case.)
5. You agree to shipping costs to send the jeans to the next person. This MAY include shipping to a different country, so if you don't want to be financially responsible for that, please don't enter.
6. As a fun way of keeping track of who's had the jeans, sign your initials along the inside panel of the butt with permanent marker. The jeans that come to you should have initials in them already, so you should know where to sign them.
7. Once the jeans are so worn out that they're unable to be worn, contact me. The jeans will retire with their original owner. If the original owner does not want the jeans, they will retire with me.
What Size Pants would you like to see go out next?
So, what's this all about?
It's all about the pants, and it all started with a size 14 pair of jeans. A celebration of getting out of the "16's". Now we are sharing pants as a milestone marker, beacon of encouragement and symbol of success in weight loss. We're doing it together, and we're sharing our pants to help shed the pounds.